Design and construction

Construction of Villa Chiuminatto began on October 31, 1923. Work was led by architect Gottardo Gussoni, with the active collaboration of the Villa’s first owner, Commander Giacomo Chiuminatto

World War II

Strong shocks caused by an airstrike – which destroyed the bell tower of the church in Crocetta – damage the Villa

Hero of the Road

The 1948 film “L’eroe della strada” (“hero of the road”) with Delia Scala and Erminio Macario, written by Monicelli and Steno, was filmed at the Villa

Songs for Two Voices

The Villa was the set for a second movie, “Canzoni a due voci” (“songs for two voices”), which was released in 1952 and featured famous baritone singer Tito Gobbi

A real mystery

“Near the fence, down there, you’ll find the body of someone murdered fifty years ago!”

TV series and movies

Between 2000 and 2016, the Villa was used no less than fifteen times for different television projects, including “Violetta” (2011) with Vittoria Puccini and “Qualunque cosa succeda” (2013) with Pierfrancesco Favino

The BuonoLopera family

After purchasing the Villa in 2018, the new owners turned it into the headquarters of the BuonoLopera Foundation and of the newcleo energy company, as well as the family office of Elysia Capital – launching Villa Chiuminatto into the future

The renovation

Thanks to the work carried out by Studio archi 2 – the architecture firm led by C. Alemanni and M.F. Andreta – today Villa Chiuminatto can be visited and appreciated in its original beauty according to its initial design, while also leveraging the most cutting-edge technologies and furniture

Amicis Praelibet Hora

Honest mistake or intentional spin? The inscription appears to veer from the traditional Latin motto “Amicis Quaelibet Hora”, meaning “It’s always the right time for friends”. In any case, the spirit of Villa Chiuminatto and of the BuonoLopera Foundation remains unchanged: it’s always the right time for friends

The rediscovered fresco

Part of the fresco on the ceiling of the main room on the second floor was recently brought back to light. The analysis of the paint’s chemical components proved the fresco was covered up between the 1940s and the 1950s, likely due to the large cracks caused by the shock waves generated by World War II bombings

Find out more